The majority of the women we serve have either been victims of sex trafficking, have a history of addiction, or are at high risk of predatory behavior and trafficking upon release. Redeemed Ministries in Austin helps oppressed women take flight. Like a bird, the women we serve need the lift of Christ and the strength offered through His Holy Spirit, just as a bird needs wind beneath their wings.
Redeemed Ministries visits the Travis County Correctional Complex in Del Valle (near the Austin-Bergstrom Airport) on Tuesday's from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM. We focus our activities around a classroom style program conducted in close cooperation with both the Chaplain's Office and Travis County Jail officials. Class participants gain confidence as well as the skills and tools required to transform their lives.
Most importantly, through group discussion and breakouts, volunteers engage with participants helping them understand that they are loved and that their lives matter. Through this dialog, volunteers build relationships and help victims build both the faith and the plan of action required to promote life change.
Week - 1:
Understanding the destructive power of a false self-image and building a positive 'New Vision' for life
Week - 2:
Becoming job ready (Effective communication and networking) and how to develop an effective resume
Week - 3:
Applying for a job (targeting, research, applications, support resource)
Week - 4:
Effective interviews / Building confidence, professional image, etiquette, and interpersonal skills
Week - 5:
Creating a budget, basic money management, and applying for aid
Week - 6:
Understanding the reality of the challenges too many women face - sex trafficking and addiction
Week - 7:
Building an effective plan of action that will ensure a new path in life, especially in the hours and days immediately following release
On-Site, Travis County Jail Classroom
- In-Classroom Trainers
- Breakout Table / Discussion Leaders
Off-Site and/or Post-Release
- Mentors / Advisors
- Virtual Prayer Partners
- Prayer Request Responders (written encouragement)
- Connecting within the Community (awareness, linkage with other support programs & resources)
- Church Attendance / 'Get Connected' Partners
- and more...
For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future
For In-Jail Activities
- Female / Minimum 21 years of age
- Volunteers are subject to all laws and guidelines of Travis County Sheriff’s Department, the County Jail, and Chaplain’s Department.
- Volunteers must complete ALL mandatory training, screening and meet health code requirements.
- All volunteers must attend Redeemed Ministries After-Care Training and required mandatory Travis County Jail training
- In-classroom trainers and mentors 6 months service minimum. Mentors must have 6 months minimum classroom service prior to placement in mentoring partnership.
- We ask a minimum 8 weeks of service to serve as prayer partner/responder, encourager, or resource researcher.